[3830] RTTY Roundup KU2M SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KU2M SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 2016 17:21:14 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Wayne, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 12.75

------------
   80:   62
   40:  183
   20:  145
   15:  252
   10:   49
------------
Total:  691  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 58  Total Score = 77,392

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Changed my plans to do the contest seriously after Santa brought me a nasty cold
that lasted all week. However, did get sucked in for some playing around, and
managed to have some fun in spite of not feeling my best (nice thing about RTTY
is you don't have to talk!) and because of what seemed to be lower than expected
DX participation. I agree with John, NN1SS's assessment about the "SS"
feel of the contest, due to the fact that all Qs are worth the same and mults
only apply once, regardless of band. Although it's not how I would structure a
contest (enabling mults on other bands makes things more interesting and tends
to reduce the "dead band syndrome"), the contest is what it is
because of the Golden Rule, which is that "those who have the gold make
the rules!"