[3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K4BAI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:29:23 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10.0

  160:   68    26
   80:  231    39
   40:  195    45
   20:  202    56
   15:  107    38
   10:   71    19
-------------------
Total:  874   223  Total Score = 194,902

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: SECC#1

Comments:

FT1000MP, 100W, TH6DXX, dipole, zepp, inverted vee.  A lot of fun and I felt I
was doing well.  But the score is well behind last year's.  I think last year
was an exceptionally good year for me.  Glad to find 10M open at the start.  On
the higher bands, I heard and called many eastern part of the US stations that I
was hearing very well on backscatter who didn't know anyone was calling them.
Maybe they weren't beaming toward the sun, but for whatever reason, I missed a
lot of mults on 15 and 10 that I could hear well and a few on 20 also.  The low
bands were quite good until late on 160 when the QRN was building up.  80 still
seemed quiet when I quit at 0432Z.  80M signals from the west coast were
exceptionally weak and I missed a lot of mults out west by quitting early, but
I was taking advantage of the higher rates before the eastern ops went QRT.
Think I did a better job of QSYing for mults this year than in the most recent
years and thanks for those who did QSY.  Most of the efforts were successful.
Thanks to KU8E and K4IQJ for running all the bands with me.  Hope to work you
again next Saturday on SSB.  Thanks for all QSOs.  73, John, K4BAI.