[3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 14:15:15 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.75

  160:
   80:   72    29
   40:   46    28
   20:   57    31
   15:   20    10
   10:   22     7
-------------------
Total:  217   105  Total Score = 22,785

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Margaritaville

Comments:

Rain, wind and snow weather conditions caused some antenna problems with SWR
jumping around so had to suspend operating on several occasions.  Have a new
rig (FTdx-3000) that I'm still getting used to and the learning curve was there
as this was the first CW contest with it but I'm getting better using all the
features.  Having better filters and good DSP really helped enhance the signals
and made operating less tiresome.  Was glad to see 10 and 15 meters still had
some life in them and was able to work HI on 28 MHz but didn't hear AK nor much
of Canada this time around on any of the bands.  Next is figuring out how to use
SSB effectively as I've only made one QSO on this rig using that mode so far.
Thanks to all the SMC'ers out there who said hello as I went by.