[3830] NAQP CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W3USA(K8MR) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:13:09 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W3USA
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   84    36
   15:   30    15
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  119    55  Total Score = 6,545

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 3

Comments:

I once again did a two station effort: K8MR from the "home" station at
the condo, and a waterfront QRP operation as W3USA. I knew there would be a lot
of Rich's out there, plus the Dick's for N0IM which I had not be aware. I did
my own memorial naming: Ray, for Pennsylvania QSO Party stalwart W3TDF who
passed away a week ago at age 90. Since the W3USA call has made far more QSOs
in the PaQP than in all other contests combined, it seemed appropriate. Plus I
enjoy keeping the call history people on their toes.

It was not a warm sunny day in Florida. Warm enough, but cloudy with dark
clouds at the horizon when I began. Soon after starting I relocated the
operating position from the beach chair into the car, just as the drops were
beginning. I ended up tearing down in a modest rain, an encountered tropical
downpour on the fifteen minute drive home.

I hoped for somewhat better results. Fifteen never opened into the northeast,
so I was competing against the other east coast stations into the west. Twenty
was good, but only so much one can work there running QRP.

Still it's fun to see what one can do with a 16 foot antenna stuck in salt
water!

73 - Jim K8MR