[3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 15:25:13 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WCF
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:    4     3
   80:   83    34
   40:  131    44
   20:   10     8
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  228    89  Total Score = 20,292

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: NCC/MRRC Team 3

Comments:

Operation from the Florida condo. Antenna is a 55 foot vertical wire; plenty of
urban noise. For 160 I added the loading coil which turns my 33 foot wire into
an 80 meter antenna. With that I was able to get the SWR down to about 2:1
after the K3 tuner did its stuff. Still got a long way to go on top band!

40 meter conditions early in the evening seemed odd: loud signals from places
like VA at the same time signals were weak from places like PA. After about
0400z the band shortened up and more places were loud, though that did not
include the west coast. 80 was rough, but FL is not the place for 80.

73 - Jim  K8MR