[3830] NAQP CW W2EG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W2EG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 16:06:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W2EG
Operator(s): W2EG
Station: W2EG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ENY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   13    10
   80:  230    36
   40:  163    39
   20:  114    40
   15:   45    19
   10:   28    13
-------------------
Total:  593   157  Total Score = 93,101

Club: Hudson Valley Contesters & DXers

Team: El Jefe's Pistolitas

Comments:

I sure do like this contest: no sleep deprivation; no spotted pile-ups with ops
who fail to identify for 20 or 30 minutes at a time; no California kilowatts.
We little pistols with wire antennas can at least feel that we're in the game
and not just "sitting at the kiddie table."

Conditions were good enough to spend a bit of time on 10 and 15. Later, I felt
the need of the extra mults bad enough to reduce my K3 output to 50 watts (out
of fear) and load up my 82' coil-loaded 80M dipole on 160 (I'm using DX-CC
parallel dipoles). Radiated power must have been something like 5 watts, but
still managed 10 mults on 160. My last try at this contest was Jan 2014. Did a
lot better this year, but still did not make 600 Qs and 100K score. Had some
GOOD runs on 80 (my most productive band this time), and it was a pleasure to
have some EUs call me there.

I much enjoyed it, and thank all for the Qs.

73,
-Rich, W2EG