[3830] CWopsT AI6O HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT AI6O HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 04:12:01 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jan 14

Call: AI6O
Operator(s): AI6O
Station: AI6O

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SAN DIEGO, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:   8      8
   40:  18     18
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  26     26  Total Score = 676

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Well, got home late from taking the wife to the store.  Got in my seat and got
the 'puter on and wouldn't you know....Microsoft has to do a big up date.  Took
forever.  So am on by about 20 after.  Making good progress and then RFI just
knocks the receive--takes 2-3 seconds for the receiver to come alive.  Stop and
check everything, make sure all is tight, etc. etc., etc.  Get back on and still
the same.  Stop and think.  Hit the AT on the 590SG in AM mode and the AT-600
kicks in.  SWR is 1.4 at 7042 kHz.  Cannot figure it out.  Hit the antenna
tuner again, still swamping rcvr.  Looked at coax, wires, cables, and add one
more ferrite to the mike cord and headphones.  Still RFI.  Hit the tuner again.
Looks good.  But wait, something in the tuner clicked and now the SWR is 1.2.
Sent out a CQ and wow, there was my receive back in milliseconds.  What
happened?  Dunno, but I'll take it.  May have to go to HRO tomorrow, check my
credit card balance and look at a new tuner.

Still managed some great Qs but I know I left a few--just not able to get the
callsigns because of RFI.  Thanks to all for the fun.

That's my story and I am sticking with it.  73

Ed, AI6O