[3830] NAQP SSB K0UK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ukbrown@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K0UK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 06:39:36 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9.25hr
Radios: SO2R

  160:   22    14
   80:  103    32
   40:  276    48
   20:  425    46
   15:  147    32
   10:   21     8
-------------------
Total:  994   178  Total Score = 176,932

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Team 1: CO Natl Monument

Comments:

Missed the first 30 minutes due to a prison ministry training session. Once I
got to the shack I went into automatic and started using my name of Bill. Our
club had agreed as a option to use Alan for KO7X who is a SK. Sorry Alan best
intentions went bye bye..
 Did the moving of mults between 10 and 15 mtrs with moving CO station to other
bands. Thanks to N0RYK Larry a local GMCC op who went thru the bands for me.
Plus WA0RSX Carson who helped also. Also work a some other locals that help
push the 10mtr score.
 10mtrs was very spotty and off and on. With FL and even some East coasters
coming in.
 15mtrs was ok but I made a decision that 15mtrs was not the run band and
stayed on one frequency on 20mtrs that was in between my neighbors plasma tv
noise. Thus I ran till 20 just pooped out and went to 40mts.
 40mtrs was excellent but had to take a break. When I got back it was a slow
grind but worth it.
 When I hit 80mtrs it was more the same but just picked who I could. Took
another break and when I got back 80mtrs was much better. Although the signals
weren't strong the qrn and qrm was down to where I could copy most signals.
 The last half hour I split between 160 and 80mtrs. This was a productive move.

 I had a goal of 1000 QSO which I think I would have gotten if not for being
late and having to manually switch the DX Doubler Box. Not sure if its Writelog
or some other issue. Will find out next week.
 To all the Team members W0ETT, AK0BC, N0RYK, KT0A, KQ0C K0EU, never heard the
others. But figured they were KBing ..Thanks to all my friends who I worked
this weekend. Its always fun..Amen
OK if I missed any GMCC'er I apologize. It was fun. and BIC was good this time
sort of.
 PTL Go Broncos
bill K0UK