[3830] CQ160 CW K3SW Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3sw@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K3SW Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:27:26 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K3SW
Operator(s): K3SW
Station: K3SW

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 19

Total:  QSOs = 821  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 49  Total Score = 260,117

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

For me this was an all out effort. I had to repair my 160M "T"
vertical due to an ice storm during Xmas under trying conditions and during
last summer I got my 600' Beverage working. Also, my new radio can do diversity
reception so I had the "T" on my left headphone and the Beverage on
the right headphone throughout the contest. What a wonderful surprise!
Sometimes the station could only be heard on one headphone or the other but
most of the time, I could hear it on both more or less equally. But when the
signal faded on one antenna, it was steady on the other. This allowed solid
copy at times which otherwise would have required a repeat.

Anyway, after getting all the equipment working, I was determined to spend all
of my time running and to stay in the chair so long as I was making contacts.
As a result, this is my personal best in this event! Very happy!