[3830] CQ160 CW G5W Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, don@g3bj.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW G5W Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 23:15:25 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: G5W
Operator(s): G3BJ G3SVL
Station: G5W

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Woolston
Operating Time (hrs): 35

Total:  QSOs = 1339  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 69  Total Score = 834,408

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

We found it a hard contest this year. US and Far East openings were tough and
general noise levels high. Although we could hear some of the further west US
stations, we had great difficulty in attracting their attention.

Loads of clicky signals, which made the copy even harder.

Minor technical issues when wildlife chewed the US beverage feedline, and few
minutes panic when the antenna started to give problems - traced to a loose
wire inside the ATU at the base of the vertical.

Nonetheless it was another great contest - but not up to the level of 2013,
which was pretty exceptional here.