[3830] CQ160 CW W3DQ Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ericrosenberg.dc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W3DQ Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2016 05:48:42 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W3DQ
Operator(s): W3DQ W2CDO
Station: W3DQ

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: DC
Operating Time (hrs): 11

Total:  QSOs = 546  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 17  Total Score = 93,840

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This turned out to be the best CQ 160 contest in a long time. This contest is
always fun... good ops, breathing room to find run freqs and self-limiting
hours as we get older.

Started on time Friday night (a new one for me), and had the best hour ever.
The band was relatively quiet and the activity was high. Had to stop after 2
hours to be with family coming from out of town. Didn't get back until late in
evening, and while the numbers weren't high, the going was good. Saw the EU
spots but didn't hear them with inv-L... the Snowzilla prevented me from
putting up the K9AY array and raising the horizontal leg of the inv-l.

W2CDO came in on Saturday, and found hard through a nosier band. Peter had a
couple of good runs and worked the EUs I didn't hear. Time for better RX
antennas, as urban noise is only getting (and I'm not moving!). It's always fun
to have him here as pat of the tag-team multi-op effort.

No station snafus this time around. A shout out to the Ten Tec Orion diehards,
as the latest noise reduction and SAF filtering worked better than ever. With
the SAF I was able to hear stations that were otherwise buried in the noise,
and the noise reduction really quieted down the bands.

Looking forward to the next one!

73,
Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC