[3830] MnQP K0TG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0tg@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] MnQP K0TG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 04:47:16 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party

Call: K0TG
Operator(s): K0TG
Station: K0TG

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RAM
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:      38
   40:      87
   20:      63
   15:       4
   10:
-------------------------
Total:     192       0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 24,700

Club:

Comments:

I expected a lot more operating time today.  Things started out bad when setting
things up this morning.  I know, my fault for not doing that sooner, but that is
when I could get that done...  My On-call week has been a busy one.  :(

I have been using Writelog for all my contest logging and it worked great for
MN QSO for a few years now.  Today I find that it will not load MNQSO Party.
Hmmm...  It crashed the program when that  contest was selected.  Maybe it is
due to the new version I loaded at the beginning of the year?  I dunno.  Other
contest still work just fine.

So I was on the hunt for another program to use today while all the fun is
going on.  I tried Dan's program, but it did not appear to support the ports
needed for the Micro Keyer.  So off to N1MM which I have NO experience with.

By about 11:00 I at least had it keying and rig control was working.  I was
messing with the Macros and got that figured out pretty well.  So I called CQ.
Got a few answers but the rig kept turning on the Sub RX when I CQed.  Well that
was certainly annoying.  So I decided since I missed so much already that I
would go do something else for a while.

I figured out a work around on the VFO issue.  But noted later that it stopped
doing that.  Strange....

In all the years of using WL, that has to be the worst problem I have had with
it.  Oh well...  Now I have dipped my toe in N1MM.

Sorry for all the flubs, but that was me figuring out things as I went. :)  As
the day went on it got better.

Disappointing to not chase all the mobiles as much this year.  But fun while I
was in there.  It seems like the mobiles had pretty good signals on 40 compared
to other years.

73, John  K0TG