[3830] NA Sprint CW K3KU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, artboyars@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K3KU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 23:34:49 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   81      95
   40:   74      90
   20:   34      50
---------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

As late as Friday morning I was thinking to skip the Sprint.  Not that I
wouldn't do well -- with one 100W radio and a 200-ft dipole I'm content just to
have fun).  I felt that I would not have fun.  Nonetheless, I set things up
Friday afternoon, and rushed home Saturday night fast enough to be QRV 10
minutes before the start.  I even managed to work one QSO in the BCQP before
Sprint began.

After it was over, I looked at my posting from last year:

"Lost almost every jump ball...; CQ in my face; sparse answers to my own
CQs...  This is not a contest for little pistols.  At 0400Z I was glad to shut
down, and I was thinking I had not had fun.

"Now, I'm already having second thoughts."

Had I read that BEFORE the 'Test, I probably would not have tried.  Same ole
thing.  Fewer operating mistakes and fumbles than last year, but score is still
down.

I still feel like this is the
Loudest-100-Guys-See-Who-Can-Work-Each-Other-The-Most-Times-On-Three-Bands
Contest.  Not much for us little pistols to do.  I'm curious about how many
different call signs are in those almost-400 QSO logs, and about the
distribution of the upper echelon's QSOs among themselves and the rest of us.
Notice that in CQ !60M CW test just one week before, I made 274 QSOs in 43
States/Provinces plus 5 Countries (all in the Americas) in 4 hours op time.
That was certainly more fun.

But I'll probably be here again next year.

73, Art K3KU