[3830] RTTY WPX K5ZM(@W7VO) SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX K5ZM(@W7VO) SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 07:58:47 +0000
CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: K5ZM
Operator(s): K5ZM
Station: W7VO

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  249
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was originally going to be a multi-op gig with W7VO and myself and perhaps
one more op. For several reasons, it became a single-op part time gig with me
in the chair. I chose 15 because I knew I couldn't take Friday off work so as
to maximise the availability of 20. In hindsight, perhaps I should've gone with
40 or 80 but the strongest antennas are on the high bands.

After some annoying computer issues took another couple hours out of Saturday
morning, it became less of a contest and more of a process of gathering points
for our club and beefing up my RTTY country count -which wasn't a bad thing. It
meant I didn't have to put any measure of pressure on myself this time.

Sunday was a much better day. I was able to get to the station early enough to
bag a couple dozen Europeans before a couple hours of stateside and Caribbean
stuff, followed by far more JAs than I'd have ever expected during their Monday
morning! Already looking forward to next year's gig -when we'll be able to
measure the shack computer's memory in... gigabytes!! ;)

73

Ian, K5ZM