[3830] ARRLDX CW P40XM(@P49V) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dh8bqa@necg.de
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW P40XM(@P49V) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:12:44 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: P40XM
Operator(s): DH8BQA DL5CW DL5LYM DL6RAI
Station: P49V

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: FK42xn
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  351    51
   80:  887    58
   40: 1793    61
   20: 1653    60
   15: 1901    60
   10: 1586    60
-------------------
Total: 8171   350  Total Score = 8,545,950

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

2 x FT-1000, kW amps, TH7's + dipoles

Finished just short of the existing South America record. Condx proved worse
than expected, especially on Sunday. A few very slow hours both mornings. Best
rates after Europe closed, to be expected.

A lot of work was put into getting all antennas up and running again before the
contest. Thanks to the whole team and especially John, W2GD, for all the hard
work, it really paid off. :-)

Even me as a rather average CWer enjoyed the pileups and rate immensly! Will be
hard to beat when back in Germany. ;-)

Now eager to learn how the competition finished. A pity they didn't post to the
online scoreboard. I'm sure they watched us all the time. ;-)

Thanks for all the calls!

Once renting a Caribbean shack was one of my dreams. As you know dreams come
true if you just work hard enough. ;-) Can only recommend renting from Ben,
DL6RAI, details on www.p49v.com

73 on behalf of the crew,
Olli - DH8BQA