[3830] ARRLDX CW K0VXU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K0VXU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 00:15:54 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 10:27

  160:   30    23
   80:   25    21
   40:   26    19
   20:  139    59
   15:  102    51
   10:   55    27
-------------------
Total:  377   200  Total Score = 226,200

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, TH6DXX, sloping Vees for 80/40, 160 Inverted L, short Beverage for
160.

Very limited time in this one, but just had to stick my call in for a few QSOs.
 Most of my op time was on low bands doing S&P.  Spent Sunday afternoon
chasing mults on10, 15, 20.
Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, especially those on 160 and 40.  Heard ED7P on
160 with a workabble signal but just couldn't get the inverted l to be heard.
Heard P40W on 160 but missed him.  Also heard  PT5A with a good signal on 160
but couldn't raise him either.

The last hour was very productive for multipliers on 15 meters.  Several Asians
were coming through with decent signals.

Saturday morning had 10 meters hopping.  I stayed long enough to work 55
stations and then went to 15 meters.  Sunday afternoon 10 meters was pretty
well done for me.

I was planning to work about 5 or 6 hours during the daytimes but ended up
working several hours on the low bands.  Lots of QRN from nearby storms made
copy difficult but possible.  The Beverage sure makes it easier.

Great fun, poor effort.  Look forward to next year.

73,
Russ - K0VXU