[3830] ARRLDX CW VE3VN SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VE3VN SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 01:15:07 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:   18    14
   40:  113    55
   20:  285    76
   15:  355    78
   10:   40    25
-------------------
Total:  811   248  Total Score = 603,384

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

My usual QRN was not too bad this weekend. But that only helps me to hear, not
help others to hear me. Conditions poor Friday and Saturday. So poor that
Saturday evening I mostly sat out the contest since signals were too attenuated
for QRP to get through to, well, anyone. Not one European worked on 80 this
weekend. Instead I got plenty of sleep.

Sunday partially made up for that with improved conditions making for decent
runs on 15 and 20. Nice opening to Japan on 15 in the final 90 minutes.

QRP is funny. Sometimes I feel like QRO since everyone I call copies me first
time and my CQs get answered. Other times no one hears me at all. I would look
out the window to check that the tower was still up.

KX3, N1MM+, WinKeyer, Explorer 14 (@15 m), wires and tower vertical on 80. I
thought about SO2R to see how it would feel to be not heard on two bands at
once.