[3830] ARRLDX CW VK2DX SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VK2DX SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 07:53:47 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VK2DX
Operator(s): VK2DX
Station: VK2DX

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   26    19
   20:    8     8
   15:  131    40
   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total:  168    69  Total Score = 34,776

Club:

Comments:

Late Saturday night I completed a new QRP transceiver. Got it on air to tune it
-and realized that there was a CW contest going on. By the time  N1MM was
downloaded and set, Windows updated, NET4.0 installed and SDR 'cabling' done,
there was less than 12 hours left of the contest weekend. Nevertheless, I've
started S&P the loud stations. Two and half hours later I already had 75
QSOs in the log which was more than expected. The new QRP performed well so
I've turned it off and went to bed. On Monday morning, just before leaving for
work, I've decided to check 15 one more time. Parked on 21.060 called CQ once,
got spotted straight away and then logged 90 QSOs in less then an hour! What a
blast! At the moments I even had 3 or 4 callers - a mini pile-up!
The highlight: being called by VA1CHP from NS and VY2OX from PEI! East Coast
Canadians are hard to work even with HO let alone with QRP. A truly amazing
experience. N6WM probably had a broken rotor with his beam stuck to VK because
he was the strongest signal on the bands. Well done.And thanks to many of you
who kindly swung antennas to VK to get me in your log. What a fantastic
contest.

73 Nick VK2DX/QRP