[3830] ARRLDX CW AB4B SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ky5rtim@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW AB4B SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 15:16:23 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: AB4B
Operator(s): AB4B
Station: AB4B

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 10.5

  160:
   80:   47    42
   40:  109    66
   20:  103    78
   15:   50    46
   10:   23    22
-------------------
Total:  332   254  Total Score = 252,984

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Minimal part time effort from hr in the " Heart of Dixie". Wanted to
try LP from
the station to see what I could get out of it for my poor CW skills. Spent
daylight hrs Sat out working on new 80mtr 4 sqr radial field due to dry, warm
WX. Sunday had domestic obligations but spent some more time on the bands. This
solar cycle is finally starting to show it's true color is all that can be said
from North AL. 20 and 40 pretty lively when I got there plus seems like 15 was
in so so shape in daylight for what little time I spent there. LP effort got
my patience level a few times and turned on amp due to my frustration of not
getting through the Sunday afternoon pile-ups. I recall 5 times I got some
"fire in the wire" over the weekend. However the station in it's
current configuration worked better than expected all in all. Might have to
rethink HP vs LP efforts in the future. TNX to all the stations that endured my
less than stellar CW operating style and pulling out of massive pile-ups my
marginal signal.    Look forward to a much more serious effort in the near
future.
Tim, AB4B