[3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 02:16:08 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): N9CK KB9OWD K9CT NQ6N K3WA K9ZO
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   52    37
   80:  285    78
   40:  788   112
   20: 1249   120
   15: 1404   124
   10:  164    70
-------------------
Total: 3942   541  Total Score = 6,352,422

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Tough propagation conditions for us. Friday night was tough...weak signals on
all bands. Saturday morning was better as 20 opened at SR and 15 shortly
afterward. We thought we might get a good opening to EU on 10m (after WPX RTTY)
but nothing happened either day. We tried as many paths as we could to find EU
or JA signals. Finally got a short opening to EU on Sunday morning to pick off
some multipliers...however could not run.

We had a terrific CW crew and many times we would be spinning our wheels. At
one point, we challenged each operator to see how long it would take them to
make a QSO on ANY band! Fun to try but obviously very disappointed to see so
much absorption or unsettled conditions. We could hear the east coast operators
running EU while we heard nothing but them!

Our highlight was chasing the multipliers...great to hear the bells ringing.

We have much damage here from the December 28th ice and wind storm. It is lucky
for us to be on as well as we are. It will be a while until we can get a crane
in here to do some repairs.

See you in the ARRL phone!

73, Craig K9CT