[3830] NAQP RTTY VE7FO M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY VE7FO M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 09:17:26 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO VA7GI
Station: VE7FO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Vancouver
Operating Time (hrs): 7:30

   80:   30    18
   40:   21    14
   20:  115    41
   15:   31    16
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  198    90  Total Score = 17,820

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

This was parttly a training session for a neighbour ham and partly a "Tune
up the rusty op" session.

This was the trainees first RTTY contest and his second training session at my
QTH.  He's coming along very nicely.  Was only able to stay for a couple of
hours so did all S&P while getting used to N1MM+ and RTTY

Bands were rather poor at the start but picked up around 2100Z.  I was pleased
with how well I got out once the bands started behaving.  Not so pleased with
the fumble fingers hitting the wrong buttons and slowing everyone up.

Wasn't able to op for the full 12 hours but was pleased to be able get on as
much as I did.  Family health issues have prevented me from doing much
contesting (or op training) for the last year or so.

I managed to work NR5M on all 5 bands and N0NI on 4.  I wa hoping to make 200
Qs but fell just short.  Had a nice little 20m run of 37 Qs at 83/hr which
pleased me.  My apologies to Rich, VE3KI.  My radio quit right in the middle of
our QSO and by the time I got it working again, Rich had moved on.

Thanks for the Qs and your patience, everyone.

73, Jim  VE7FO