[3830] NAQP RTTY KT5MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mdrapp@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KT5MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 17:27:24 +0000
North American QSO Party, RTTY - February

Call: KT5MR
Operator(s): KT5MR
Station: KT5MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   98    33
   40:   59    26
   20:  110    40
   15:   51    19
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  320   120  Total Score = 38,400

Club:

Team:

Comments:

NAQP is probably my favorite contest, given that I actually can work the entire
time without giving up an entire weekend and still have time to sleep.  Still
working out the bugs with my 40 meter antenna as I am limited to 40 watts on
that band given RFI issues.

Used two 2Tone decoders (Selective and Flutter) in addition to MTTY for the
first time.  With good to strong signals, both decoded equally well, with the
edge given to MTTY simply due to its speed.  For marginal signals, 2Tone was
clearly superior resulting in clear print where MTTY was just completely
garbled.  During times in which 2Tone was needed, Selective was the most useful
by far, but a few times Flutter decoded the call sign when Selective and MTTY
did not.

I ran more in this contest than I have ever done.  Sometimes this strategy did
not pan out as I went for long periods of time with no callers.  I need to work
on more effectively switching between running and S&Ping.

I also need to rearrange my off times.  40 and especially 80 are my weakest
bands with my low antennas.  The last hour of the contest I barely made 25
contacts.  Next time I'll take my off periods later in the contest rather than
earlier.

73,
--Michael / KT5MR