[3830] ARRLDX SSB K9MA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9ma@sdellington.us
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K9MA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 00:57:59 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K9MA
Operator(s): K9MA
Station: K9MA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 7:17

  160:
   80:
   40:   23    19
   20:  194    72
   15:  243    82
   10:   74    41
-------------------
Total:  534   214  Total Score = 342,828

Club:

Comments:

First experiment with assisted mode.  An appalling number of bad spots.  All
S&P, as I never found a spot to get a CQ in edgewise.  15 was absolutely
packed.  No doubt 20 will be even worse in a couple years.  Just a few weak EU
stations on 10, but that will look good, too.

When stations failed to ID, I simply said what I thought was their call before
my exchange.  Even when I was correct, that always elicited an ID.  Spots gave
me a first guess, but I think I could have just made up calls.  Even when I had
previously verified the spotted call, I couldn't be sure the same station was on
that frequency when I came back and worked it.  It would be interesting to
compare UBN's for assisted and unassisted.

No phone band antennas for 80 or 160, and 40 only up to 7,200.

Urban location, 18 by 36 meter lot.

Antennas:

TH-7 at 21 meters
A3S at 16 meters fixed SE