[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7GP(N5IA) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5ia@zia-connection.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7GP(N5IA) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 02:19:10 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7GP
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: N5IA

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: AZ -- DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 3:20
Remote Operation

  160:  36     24
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     24  Total Score = 2,592

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Social and church obligations on both Friday and Saturday nights precluded a
full time effort on Top Band.

However, I was able to be on for the EU terminator crossing both nights.  The
results were somewhat less than spectacular from way out west.  It was
frustrating to listen to a myriad of east coast stations working various EU
stations of whom I did not even hear a whisper.  I heard and worked CR2X, EI7M,
CR6K, & ED7P.

Night One I managed to log every Caribbean, Central American and South American
station I could hear.  I did not stay up for the late Pacific or Asian
possibilities.

Night Two was more of the same.  For the 'EU Opening' I heard and worked II9P,
EI6JK, EI4KF, & the last Q of the night was with CS2C.  I heard and called,
but did NOT work, 9A1A.

The band was 'noisy' both nights, but the QRN of Night One was gone on Night
Two.

This score is significantly lower than last year (about half) but IMHO
conditions were much poorer than last year.

However, 10 Meters seemed to be alive.  I tuned there on Saturday afternoon and
there were signals from 28.3 to 28.55.  I called a few with exciter power to my
antenna tuner tuned 80 M 4-Square and made a few contacts.

73, and thanks to everyone for the contacts.

de Milt, N5IA, operator of N7GP