[3830] ARRLDX SSB C6ANM M/M LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB C6ANM M/M LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 14:42:51 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: C6ANM
Operator(s): N1GN NE1B K1EP AG2K W2FAL
Station: C6ANM

Class: M/M LP
QTH: Nassau, Bahamas
Operating Time (hrs): 43

  160:  307    45
   80:  747    57
   40:  520    55
   20: 1168    59
   15: 1591    60
   10:  951    52
-------------------
Total: 5284   328  Total Score = 5,196,504

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for stopping by!  It is always nice to hear familiar voices when far from
home!  We did fairly well, considering our "Bahamian style" of
contesting. I think some of our Caribbean competition did better with KW
amplifiers, towers and beams for each band.  We were 100 watts and wires!  That
is our handicap...the Bahamas has a 250 watt limit, other islands can run a KW.
Hard to hold a frequency.  With all the antennas Europe, not many listened for
us to the south.  But, we still had fun!  Our 3 OP positions went to 4 on
Sunday nite when 10 meters did not close like it usually does.  The 4th
position was a hasty trip to the hurricane closet to retrieve a 1981 vintage
TS-430S and set it up on a 40m. dipole.  That dipole rope was cut by the palm
tree fronds and high winds after the contest. We found the wire on the ground
Monday morning.  Regarding 10 meters, I guess there were some E clouds warmed
up by all the US contest RF and that kept 10 m. open!  Our ops were:  AG2K,
K1EP, N1GN, K1EP and NE1B.