[3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WX3B M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 19:03:56 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B N8IVN
Station: WX3B

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5:41

  160:    0     0
   80:   34    20
   40:  127    34
   20:  188    65
   15:  380    77
   10:  146    56
-------------------
Total:  875   252  Total Score = 650,916

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

About as much fun as you can have in a few hours at the end of the contest!!

Dennis N8IVN and I had some awesome pre-WPX SSB warm-up after spending most of
the weekend with our respective XYLs.

Thanks to PG0DX for spotting us on 10 meters at 3:38pm to let us know the
Auroral path was still open.  Too bad we didn't figure that out until after the
contest (K3ZO has often instructed all of us to "point north" and see
what happens....)

The first hour on 15 meters was a blast, and that was it for high rates.  I
found 40 to be in excellent condition before our sunset and even worked a few 5
watt stations on that band.  It is always fun to have the middle east call in on
40 during our gray-line.

Kudos to Mike OE6MBG for working me on a bunch of bands.  Mike's 15 meter
signal was so loud I instinctively entered a "K" for his power before
being corrected during a later QSO.

There were some GREAT signals on 75m near the end of the contest from the usual
big guns, however getting a sustained, interesting run did not happen.

The WX3B station is ready to go for WPX SSB...for all 48 hours.  Hope the
conditions are as good in WPX...having a sustained 10 meter opening...would be
an unexpected joy (and no, I am not really expecting it).

73,

Jim   WX3B