[3830] ARRLDX SSB WP3DX(KP4WK) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wp3dx@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WP3DX(KP4WK) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 20:00:46 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WP3DX
Operator(s): KP4WK
Station: WP3DX

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Puerto Rico
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  121    38
   20:  189    38
   15:  590    54
   10:   88    23
-------------------
Total:  988   153  Total Score = 453,492

Club:

Comments:

Awesome contest weekend! Weather was beautiful outside. Somehow managed to sneak
out and operate 9 hours in the contest. Three kids, a wife, soccer practice,
church, a birthday party and some friends visiting, there was not much
time left to operate the contest . Still very happy with the results, those
last two hours were crazy, Adrenaline thru the roof !

QSOs came in waves, call, call , call and nothing. All of the sudden flood
gates would open and there were a lot of people calling at the same time. Can't
beat the rush of a good pile up. I have to admit that my operating skills were a
bit rusty. Sometimes I would not get a single call sign from the pile up, again,
again, again... I had a big mess "Arroz con pollo" we call it. 10
meters was fun but that band has an "ON" "OFF" switch and I
was there when they switched it Off, LOL. All of the sudden nothing. 20m was
crowded with everybody on top of each other and the people who run regular nets
kicking everybody out of "Their" frequencies. 15m was the ticked this
time. Couldn't be there to work 40 and 80m Qs as I wanted, but that's OK.

A big shout-out to my fellow KP4s who were in the contest. Also to my good
friend Ramón KP4TR for all the technical help to keep the remote station in
top notch.

Looking forward to the next one. 73’s WP3DX