[3830] ARRLDX SSB ON7EH SOSB/40 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on7eh@skynet.be
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB ON7EH SOSB/40 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2016 18:25:58 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: ON7EH
Operator(s): ON7EH
Station: ON7EH

Class: SOSB/40 LP
QTH: Machelen
Operating Time (hrs): 3:38

  160:
   80:
   40:  50     29
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  50     29  Total Score = 4,350

Club: NBT Grimbergen

Comments:

This is my 2nd international SSB contest participation in 35 years time.

With the shack located in the cellar and the necessary US/VE-stations best
worked in the early morning, I exclusively used the voice keyer with 4
messages, not only to save my voice but more importantly to keep peace
between the family members on those appreciated weekend mornings.
The parrot played really well, although, an occasional  "personal
touch" could have speed up the QSO and burden on the far end...

Despite using just a quarterwave vertical over the low band counterpoise and
99W,we never found ourselves loud enough to try a RUN, even with a wide split.
The band was at times very busy, as was the unavoidable high power QRM.
Luckily, the 60m long, non-terminated Beverage on farmers field was still
present. We were rewarded by a CQ-ing KH6J without callers.
ODX were W7WA in WA, K3EST in CA and N2IC in NM.

Thanks for the nice contest!