[3830] ARRLDX SSB P40M(VE3LA) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3fdx@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB P40M(VE3LA) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:10:27 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: P40M
Operator(s): VE3LA
Station: P49V

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 42

  160:  136    35
   80:  447    53
   40:  806    58
   20: 1591    61
   15: 1463    61
   10: 2365    60
-------------------
Total: 6808   328  Total Score = 6,700,000

Club:

Comments:

I start feeling flu symptoms on the way to Aruba and end up having severe flu
during the whole week. As a result SO2R, DVKs and RX antennas weren't setup as
intended.
I've connected a single radio and setup N1MM on the first minute of the contest
and decided to participate as is.
Noise level was unexpectedly high on all bands, all time average S9. 160m even
higher.
I start feeling a desperate need in DVK in the morning and decided to borrow my
wife's iPad to at least imitate a DVK:) Around the same time somebody told me
I've been spotted as P4ZM and amount of callers increased:)))
I've planned 2 hours break on the second night but felt so weak because of the
flu and had to extend it to 5 hours.
All in all managed to get 7k QSOs incl dupes and 35 mult on 160m (with S9+10
noise).
"Assistance" of Murphy was so visible this time that I'm leaning
towards Assisted category again:)

Thanks everyone for QSOs and see you all next time!
73, Ken VE3LA / VE8DX