[3830] WiQP N0IJ SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbaumgarte@aol.com
Subject: [3830] WiQP N0IJ SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 00:38:11 +0000
Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: N0IJ
Operator(s): N0IJ
Station: N0IJ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:
   80:    106
   40:    467
   20:    160
   15:      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
------------------------
Total:    734       0  Mults = 71  Total Score = 165,342.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

What a fun, exhausting day.  In order to touch a solid block of 18 counties in
the large NW area of the state which encompasses about 1/4 of the state, and
reap the benefit of the bonuses, a tricky route with lots of low grade roads is
necessary.  We had to start about 100 miles from home (Duluth, MN), but did end
up fairly near Superior in our neck of the woods.  Almost threw in the towel at
the beginning (note the op time--6-1/2 hours) as a variety of events came
together (including a brain fade by me) and couldn't get the first contact
until 23 minutes after the start.  My great friend and driver, Terry, W0TVD,
drove (flew) with abandon in order to make up that 23 minutes, and actually did
it! Conditions improved throughout the day, so if we had to miss something,
perhaps the beginning was the best. The last 4 hours produced rates of 118,
136, 100, and 133. It was fun to work so much DX and kudos to DL3DXX with 7
Q's, DL3GA with 5, RV1CC with 3 and a variety of other DL's, EA's, and SM's
plus my friend W0OR at HC1WDT for getting in the log.  All in 23 DX calls.
Huge thanks to a number of folks who followed us through out the afternoon:
N2CU 17, K0PC 16, N0EO (AA0AW) 15, N4PN & W9EAU (W0AIH) 14, K0TI KX0A NQ9A
WA1UJU and WT2P all with 13--4 more with 12!  My trusty K3 and roof mounted
Larry's screwdriver antenna did well.
Thanks for all the Q's and 73.
John, N0IJ op
Terry, W0TVD driver