[3830] Rus DX RM2D(SM6LRR) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6lrr@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX RM2D(SM6LRR) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 15:53:57 +0000
Russian DX Contest

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Vereya - Moscow
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:   257
   80:   337
   40:   248
   20:   259   156
   15:   113     9
   10:    39     6
Total:  1253   171      303       280  Total Score = 2,673,055

Club:

Comments:

As always, good fun operating RDXC.  Initially planned Multi Single activity,
but due to late arrival from UA9 business trip, there was not even a
theroretical chance to convert Single Op location RM2D to a Multi Op station
with all work that involved. Sorry RA9USU and RU5A for cancellation! However,
considering the small pistol outlook of this station, we better prepare well to
be competitive in Multi Single...  Next time, better planning with no business
trips before the contest.

Anyway, came back to Moscow just a few hours before contest and went to the
countryside location to check equipment and if my dear neighbour had decided to
spend his weekend watching TV in the datcha instead of the cozy warm apartment
in Moscow...  No neightbour appeared on the Saturday, but well on the Sunday,
which meant that planned 24 hours High Power operation became 16 hours and 45
minutes instead. Well, the neighbour was not the only reason. At 4 AM local
time, the fatigue from the Siberian business trip and some jet lag forced RM2D
to seek horizontal position for 4 hours.

Station worked well according to circumstances. New for this contest was a
funny-looking Inverted L for 160 meters, stretched from the bottom of my 80
meter vertical, with 30 degrees angle to the upper part of my hex beam
telescopic tower, then slanting down to the far eastern corner of the landplot.
The antenna had not been tested before the contest, so had no idea if it was
going to work at all. However, it worked surpricingly well and I managed to
work 257 contacts on 160 meters in 43 DXCCs and 58 Oblasts. Not bad for such an
antenna I must say.

I first worled 1250 CW contacts and then decided to work some SSB, but I should
have sticked to the CW. As realized to many times before, SSB from this small
pistol station has far more to wish.

73 de Mats RM2D (SM6LRR)