[3830] Rus DX W9RE SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Rus DX W9RE SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 17:51:15 +0000
Russian DX Contest

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 18.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   26      0       17         2
   80:  107      8       54         3
   40:  215     16       66        15
   20:  413     27       76        39
   15:   41      1       23         0
   10:   12      0        6         0
Total:  814     52      242        59  Total Score = 1,290,086

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

First time to ever operate this contest.  Saturday night I started thinking is
160 included in this one, the spots told me yes.  Also only one of a handful of
times I have used spots, gave my tuning dial a rest.

Murphy stuck about 6 hours in as I lost my main amp but since basically only
one band was open not a big deal although would have been nice Saturday evening
to have it.  I just basically hunted mults and that kept me busy.

Conditions pretty dismal only a handful of Europeans on 15. 160 and 80 were
pretty good.   Activity seemed to be pretty good and made for a fun event.  I'm
sure the WRTC points helped that a lot.

This contest helped me forget about my Alma maters basketball team bowing out
unexpectedly in the NCAA tournament.  I did have 2 TVs in the radio tuned to
the various sites though.