[3830] Rus DX 9A5Y(9A7DX) SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vedran.carapovic@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Rus DX 9A5Y(9A7DX) SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 11:28:30 +0000
Russian DX Contest

Call: 9A5Y
Operator(s): 9A7DX
Station: 9A5Y

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: JN85
Operating Time (hrs): 23:46

  160:   143     5       48        50
   80:   284    43       67        65
   40:   334   124       82        62
   20:   392   180       90        78
   15:   219    77       69        71
   10:    62    20       44        18
Total:  1434   287      397       344  Total Score = 11,552,190

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Yo

Clicking contest is over

Finnaly a contest where I can compete with the top guys, It's too bad that RDXC
is only once in the year :)

Conditions were fine, at least between central EU and Russia. There were lots
of hours with only russians at s9+40db on high bands, nothing else but russians
and that was great. Even 10m was open to asiatic russia. Almost no Qs on
backscatter @10m (missed I, DL, F...) and only few on 15m. Biggest surprise was
the Q with OH0X who was in the noise with his HP, congrats man, you heard me on
10&15 without condx !

Tactic was simple,
Work only russian's and MULTS ! Last year I worked some other guys too, but not
this time (except few Qs with local friends).
Cqing didn't produce much success especially on CW. Probably because I tried to
RUN when there were no more UA's on the bandmap, have been called by everyone
else except russians :) On SSB I've managed to get some runs on CQ, but not
knowing Russian language is a biiiiig disadvantage for sure, even if you have
extra condx and a loud signal ;)

At the end,

I'm fully satisfied with my score which is exactly the same as last year with
much worse 28MHz, but definitly not satisfied with final ranking :( This is my
game and I expected to win. Now I have to wait until next year to find major
contest where can win :p

Tnx for each Qs and sorry for some delay's, it was hard to concentrate on both
radios & work without mistake's, especially last few hours

EQM:

Same as last year, only change is, that both Verticals have 120+ radials now
and new antenna system for 40m was build (adjust to perfection by 9A2UK &
really helped a lot)

10/15/20 - 7/6/5 el. monobanders
40 - 2 X 2el QQ
80/160 - full size verticals with fine grounding
2 old FT1000MP connected with u2r

.
.
.

About LP/HP discussions

Nowdays LP scores are extremly HIGH and that's impossible. I'm completely sure
that in some contests those scores are not produced by 100 watts and
unassisted.
I'm contesting since I was 14 years old (now I'm 30) and I'm pretty sure that I
can hear the difference between LP&HP.
I totally agree with idea of contest inspectors and everyone is more then
welcome at 9A5Y site, but there is some other tools also, like RBN records,
better log checking, websdr's... and the oldest&better one, committee
should listen the BAND's during contest especially Pileups's !!! There is big
difference when someone break pile with PWR or with skills, the difference can
be heard by average contestman ;)

Afterall this is a hobby, there is no money price, and WRTC is not worth losing
the image in the contesters comunity. Everyone who competed last year and a half
in wrtc qualifying contests knows very well who was LP and who not!

About WRTC qualification process:

Accumulating points trough various contests is OK, but top spots could be
reached only by those with big stations and not everyone can afford it !

Much better way could be to have a qualifying event (WRTC like) contest for
every region. For example in EU5 there are no more than 10 interested team
leaders. Organizing such an event for a limited number of people interested
would be not too hard.
In that case everyone would have the same possibilities and there wont be
always the same people competing on WRTC.
.
.
.

Don't know about WPX yet, I'm a bit depressed now because I didn't win and in
this one I should have. But until weekend ... who knows

Be cool, and have fun with contesting like I do :)

Vedran