[3830] WPX SSB OT6M(ON9CC) SOSB15 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB OT6M(ON9CC) SOSB15 QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:51:22 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: OT6M
Operator(s): ON9CC
Station: OT6M

Class: SOSB15 QRP
QTH: JO20ws
Operating Time (hrs): 10:26

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  183
   10:
------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Due to Easter and home renovation I had little time for serious operating. So I
wanted to spend the little time I had to get some experience in QRP operating.
I noticed that sometimes stations who where 59++ couldn't hear me where DX
stations that were just an S3 or so, could hear me.
I have been calling CQ from time to time but not much (I think about 5 stations
or so) returned my call so it was S&P most of the time (not used to turn the
VFO knob anymore). Although my QRP I was able to work JA, CE and California (the
59+++-ers).

Having 2 tribanders is a joy I must admit. This really helped getting my teeny
weeny signal hear without having to turn the antennas too much (with the
SteppIR in bi-directional mode, I could cover 3 directions).

TRX: IC-7800
Ant: Optibeam OB11-3 and 3 el. SteppIR

I recorded all QSO's so if you want the recording of our QSO, drop me a note.

73
Frank
ON9CC

NB: on Sunday night I did 160m QRP just to get some QRP experience there too.