[3830] WPX SSB N8SBE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N8SBE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 00:21:08 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 19.3

------------
  160:
   80:   28
   40:   66
   20:  224
   15:  207
   10:   52
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Far and away a personal best for this particular contest.  10 was sketchy, but
opened some both afternoons, USA time.  Done all via S&P, and I took more
breaks than I figured, so ended up operating a little under 20 hours total,
instead of my planned 24 hours.

All in all, I had a blast.  Still operating barefoot with my K3, 2 el. quad up
40 feet, and a ZS6BKW dipole up 35 feet for 80 and 40, fed with ladder line, 75
feet of RG/8x and using the tuner in the K3 (I know, there is some loss in the
coax, but it makes the match a bit easier from the transmitter end, and the
dipole is so efficient that it really doesn't matter much on those two bands,
anyway).

Many thanks to the state-side operators that put up with me using them to run
up my prefix score.  Sorry that my "N8" prefix doesn't generate any
excitement on the bands.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE