[3830] WPX SSB KJ6MBW SOSB15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KJ6MBW SOSB15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 01:34:11 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KJ6MBW
Operator(s): KJ6MBW
Station: KJ6MBW

Class: SOSB15 HP
QTH: SF Bay Area
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:  430
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT-857D + AL811 at 500w
Ant: 2 ele yagi

Conditions on 21MHz were ok but nothing similar to what we had in past 3 to 4
years.

Very marginal opening to EU from here with my modest antenna. Worked only 25
stations over both days, most were from west and south EU.

Good and reliable openings to Japan with 100+ QSOs in total and even a much
longer lasting opening to VK with 18 stations worked from Australia.

I was under impression that propagation over NA was rather spotty. There were
some big signals all the time and then I would be getting called by some very
faint stations from the east coast or would have no calls from the east coming
on my CQ at all. I don't think I worked many W4 calls but had quite a few W8
and W9s.

Many thanks for all the QSOs.

Sergey