[3830] WPX SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kenkeeler@jazznut.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NR6O(@N6RO) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 02:10:24 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NR6O
Operator(s): DG1CMZ K3EST N6BV N6NU N6RO N6WM NA6O WX5S
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   99
   80:  325
   40: 1368
   20: 2192
   15: 1538
   10:  214
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Another fine team effort at Radio Oakley. We welcomed three new ops to the team,
all did a great job.

Band condx were drastically different from our last MM effort in 2014;
10m: 215 Qs vs. 2311  and   15m: 1538 vs.2171
A net decline of over 2700 Qs!
N6NU DG1CMZ and WX5S got everything possible on a sick 10m band.

Activity on 80 and 160m was disappointing, power line noise on 160
made us an 'alligator', but Matt and Michael persevered on topband
for almost 100 Qs. 80m opened late, but Andreas N6NU drained the band
for all possible Qs.

Highlites:
K3EST opened up 20m with hourly rates of 211/185/154! Bob went on to IRONMAN
20m to the second highest band score at N6RO.  Bob's 2230 Qs in 1999 is still
tops!

Driving his FLEX 6700 on 40m, Chris N6WM had over 900 Qs on the first night,
continuing on to a near record 40m station record.  His six pointers into EU
and JA was our best band point generator.  Gary NA6O, an avowed CW op, did the
daytime 40m trolling on Sat.

Michael DG1CMZ did the heavy lifting on 15m, aided by N6BV on Saturday.
Michael
also put in time on 10, 160 and 20m.  He's a great addition to the team.

N6RO had to cope with family medical issues most of the weekend, but kept a
close eye on the fine proceedings in the shack.

Thanks to all for the Qs, especially the 950 JAs in the log.
CU guys in the JIDX CW, next month.

Equip: five K3s,FLEX 6700, yagi stacks, 4 SQs, N1MM+

We hope you all had a happy Easter!