[3830] WPX SSB KN5TX(@WA5FWC) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, garpannell@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KN5TX(@WA5FWC) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 02:44:07 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KN5TX
Operator(s): KN5TX N3BUO AD5XD K0XV W7KYG WA5FWC
Station: WA5FWC

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: venus Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 41hrs

------------
  160:    5
   80:  216
   40:  552
   20: 1041
   15:  936
   10:  147
------------

Club: DFW Contest Group

Comments:

this was a rare experience as the bands were totally un explainable. signals
came from all directions. The long path from asia was awsome over the south
pole. we worked many hundreds of Qs pointing south to pickup SA and worked asia
instead most of the time. we also worked SA pointed north and worked Sa more
than any other direction. 10 meters was sporatic and gave us a good countin
TransEsqsuatorial propagation to SA. Most of are qs came from other areas than
where we were pointing our antennas. We just worked what we heard and did not
try to figure it out. 15 m was open late on Saturday evening up until about 2
1/2 hours after dark came. 40meters was just open to all points of the globe
beginning before sunset by over an hour or more. It was a crazy contest and a
lot of fun as the operators were telling stories of their experiences. We had a
great time and look forward to next year. We missed 6 mil by a skosh. Maybe next
year we will be better prepaired. thanks to the guys that made it happen they
did a terrific job.  Gary W5FWC