[3830] WPX SSB A93JA(KE5JA) SO(A)AB(TS) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB A93JA(KE5JA) SO(A)AB(TS) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 06:42:43 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: A93JA
Operator(s): KE5JA
Station: A93JA

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH: Bahrain
Operating Time (hrs): 33

------------
  160:
   80:    8
   40:  162
   20:  636
   15: 1109
   10:  195
------------

Club:

Comments:

Generally satisfied with my score given the overall band conditions and my
station set-up (Optibeam OB9-5 @45 feet + roof mounted vertical for 80/40). It
is tough to obtain a really competitive score from Bahrain without a good 40m
antenna, especially on SSB.  There are few stations close by and it is tough to
penetrate the "European Wall".  I was only able to call CQ on 40m and
work stations once.

Wish conditions were better on 10m.  Only worked a few stations the first day.
On the second day after operating about six hours continuous on 20/15, I was
ready for a lunch break.  Decided to check ten real quick before getting a bite
to eat.  Called CQ and was surprised to get an immediate huge European pile-up.
Ended up operating for two more ours before I could get something to eat and
drink.  Didn't want to leave ten before it dropped out.

For every SSB contest, there are always a couple of stations with fairly good
signals that I just can't copy their call sign because of the other station's
accent & lack of English skills, and my less than perfect hearing.  I wish
they could understand to switch phonetics.  I feel bad, but at least I tried to
make the QSO. Much rather be on CW.

Glad to give everyone a multiplier in this contest and I hope maybe a new DXCC
country for some.