[3830] WPX SSB VR2XAN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vr2xan@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VR2XAN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 13:50:45 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VR2XAN
Operator(s): VR2XAN
Station: VR2XAN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Peng Chau Island HK
Operating Time (hrs): 31

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:  245
   20:  223
   15: 1380
   10:   21
------------

Club:

Comments:

The only way to be competitive in LP category from South Asia is to improve the
antenna farm. But when you have just a very restricted space available the only
solution is... to install additional antennas in the garden of your neighbour
:-)
Than first of all: thank you Mike!!! (my neighbour!!).

Due the bad propagation on 10 meters in the last contests (ARRL CW, SSB and
Russian DX) I decided to bet everything on 15 meters and I installed an old
chinese military shaky pole (15 mt/h) with a 3 over 3 el yagi (153 BA by Hy
Gain) fixed to Europe (again, thank you Mike). What a "monster"
improvement if compared with my usual 2 elements Delta Loop. Of course I've
used the rotary 2 el. Delta loop to JA/USA direction and also on 10 and 20
meters.

What else... I'm really happy that everything worked fine (and without wind
during the week end).
First night the condition on 40 meters were unbelievable!! No noise (usually
I've at least S5!) and great path with Asia, Europe and Oceania.

Thanks to everybody called me.
See you in the next contest.

73 de VR2XAN Alberto (IV3TAN)

RTX: ICOM 7600
ANT:
10-15-20 meters 2 El. Delta Loop
15 meters: 3 over 3 el. 153 BA (HY Gain) fixed to EU
40 meters: Fixed Delta Loop