[3830] WPX SSB PJ4DX SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB PJ4DX SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 03:32:25 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: PJ4DX
Operator(s): PJ4DX
Station: PJ4DX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Bonaire
Operating Time (hrs): 37.75

------------
  160:    0
   80:  110
   40:  556
   20: 1596
   15: 1482
   10:  314
------------

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

Everything was "down" this year. My beam was down about 6ft (one
telescopic mast section) due to strong winds, my 40m phased array was down due
to a mystery high SWR condition that I didn't have time to fix before the
contest but every cloud has a silver lining and this allowed me to enter the
Tribander/ Single Element section), my QSO total was down by nearly 1300 QSOs,
my multiplier total by nearly 100 mults, and my claimed score by nearly 6
million points! Last year over 2500 QSOs on 10m alone: this year, only 314. Is
this the beginning of the end of Cycle 24?

Conditions were poor on Day 1, and I was seriously considering calling it a day
before midday on Sunday, but suddenly things improved and Sunday afternoon and
evening were really great.

I'll be back next year.

Rig: Yaesu FT-2000, Acom 1500 amp at 1kW out, to a Spiderbeam for 10-15-20m at
only 30 feet, and single quarter-wave wire verticals on 40m and 80m.