[3830] WPX SSB V43Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, np4zet@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB V43Z(NP4Z) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 17:02:09 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: V43Z
Operator(s): NP4Z
Station: V43Z

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: V4
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  374
   20:  894
   15: 1772
   10:  434
------------

Club: Los Chachos Contest

Comments:

Great time operating from "the Site" at Baseterre.. I was advised by
Andy N2NT that conditions would be challenging and it was no surprise.. Being
an Island boy that lives in the mountains of PR was easy to understand the
difficulties and deal with them. Certainly Andy goes to a lot of trouble in
order to have the station ready every year for the cqww's.

Now to my excuse list, running usa with the antenna pointing south didn't help,
the winds were super strong and the rotator showed the right direction but the
antenna wasn't. Also my European antena was "fixed" at africa the
rotator would allow it to move more east but no "left" movement. I
knew I was in trouble when early the first morning I was behind over 150 qsos
from Jaime WP3A who was operating from my Puerto rico Station, also low power.

The weekend was made of many visits of running outside and moving the antennas
manually and fixing them with ropes. After all was done, I think the whole
thing accounted for about 500-700 Qsos lost.
The site is in a fantastic location but it requires constant maintenance due to
the high winds in the area and the decision of flying with the whole family for
our easter vacation and playing radio, didn't leave time for pre contest
preparation.

At the end It was a great time with no regrets, St.Christopher is a beautiful
island with even more beautiful people in it. I had no expectations of winning
scores and even as the conditions weren't ideal, the family and relaxing time
on the island was well worth it.

Many thanks to Joel V44KAI for all his help and guidance, to the Communications
authority of the Island for the operations permit and to Andy N2NT for the
opportunity.

Best 73's

Felipe
NP4Z/V43Z