[3830] MoQP N0AX Rover Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hwardsil@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP N0AX Rover Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2016 23:28:09 +0000
Missouri QSO Party

Call: N0AX
Operator(s): N0AX KD0PES
Station: N0AX

Class: Rover Multi-Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:    5      2
   40:  624     48
   20:  212      5
   15:   12      4
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  853     59      0  Mults = 92  Total Score = 162,754

Club: Mississippi Valley DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Surprisingly good results, given conditions overall.  In years past we had lots
of 15 meter QSOs and some on 10 but very little above 20 meters this year.
Phone was pretty much not an option most of the time due to weak signals, so I
just stayed on CW which seemed fine.  Ellen drove about 690 miles hither and
yon while I focused on operating - it worked well and maximized "butt in
seat" time.

The gear was an IC-7000 driving a Little Tarheel II with a TargeTuner
controller.  This was *far* better than manually changing Hamstaticks!  That
said, I was glad I had the set of Hamsticks when the screwdriver antenna quit
changing length with about two hours to go.  Luckily, 40 meters was quite good
and the fixed-length whip worked great right up until the end of the contest.

We activated 24 counties (I think) finishing out with a big pileup of stations
needing STG.  Sorry I could have been there long enough to work the pileup
down.  I know there were some close-in folks that couldn't break that pileup.

Being on 40 so much of the contest turned out to have one bonus - lots of
in-state stations were quite workable from beginning to end so our county total
is up from last time.  We also worked 45 states, missing only KL7, KH6, ID, MT,
and ME.  Hit the end points of Canada (NB and VE7) along with the average (VE3)
during the trip.

Very successful adventure and plenty of stations to work and who wanted to work
us.  What's not to like?

73, Ward N0AX and Ellen KD0PES