[3830] ARRLDX SSB VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2016 18:14:28 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 39.3

  160:  226    36
   80:  328    44
   40:  728    57
   20: 1236    61
   15:  855    60
   10:  390    46
-------------------
Total: 3763   304  Total Score = 3,431,856

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC7000  Win-Test 4.11
Dipoles at 30 feet 160, 80, 40 meters
A4S 20, 15, 10 meters

The low bands were very noisy Friday night with multiple static crashes from a
storm between Bermuda and the Carolinas.  I gave up after a few hours and got
some sleep.  Saturday night was much better on the low ands.  On Saturday 10
meters was virtually dead for me with only 17 contacts even though I checked
the band frequently.  At 17:30z on Sunday on 10 meters I started working a few
in Texas and the opening expanded to the whole US over the next hour except for
the W1's, W2's, and W3's.  The bands are on the downward slide.

Ed, VP9GE, is a fantastic host.  This was my 17th consecutive year in Bermuda.

73, Kurt W6PH