[3830] EA RTTY WE4M(N2QT) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2qt@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] EA RTTY WE4M(N2QT) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 23:28:53 +0000
EA RTTY Contest

Call: WE4M
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: WE4M

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

   80:   18    15
   40:   82    40
   20:  142    72
   15:   82    52
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  324   179  Total Score = 86,636

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I don't think I picked a good time to try qrp in this contest! However, I didn't
want to move my RTTYSkimmer, so running qrp was the only option without
overloading the skimmer receiver. Anyway, things started out pretty good and
then went steadily down hill.  I ended up quitting early when the time since
last qso went over 30 minutes.  Never heard a thing on 10M, which is normally
the hot band for qrpers.

I waited on the N1MM+ update that corrected the EA4URE exchange of HQ, but
since my score didn't change there may still be an issue.  (hopefully my score
will go up a little?)

Still there was good representation from Spain and this is a fun contest.
Thanks to everyone who pulled my signal out of the weeds to work me.  It is
always surprising the 'weak' stations that come right back and the strong ones
who don't.  I called EVERYONE I could hear. I did get to try a lot of things,
like cqing to Europe on 1 radio and the to the US on the other, both on 20 (no
one answered BTW).

I do wish more stations would let me know that I am NIL after not copying my
exchange rather than going back to cqing without a comment.

Radios Two Elecraft K3
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at 54 ft
shunt fed tower on 80 M

All qso's uploaded to LOTW, and hope yours are too!