[3830] GaQP KB4KBS Rover Single OpSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KB4KBS@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] GaQP KB4KBS Rover Single OpSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 21:17:32 +0000
Georgia QSO Party

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Rover Single OpSSB LP
QTH: GEORGIA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:             213
   20:               1
   15:
   10:
    6:
------------------------
Total:     0       214  CW-Dig Mults = 0  Ph Mults = 27  Total Score = 5,778

Club:

Comments:

Saturday turned out to be a bust for me and the contest - we were going to start
in Rome and do a quick six county swing after a memorial service at Shorter
COLLEGE for one of my wife's former professors she really liked.  Instead we
went to dinner with two old classmate of hers  - something that was important
to her.  By the time I fired up the rig it was after 20:00 local so we drove
back up to the school an perched on the highest point in Floyd County and
worked 17 stations before calling it a night.

This period also served a shakedown period for her new 2106 Town and Country
that I had hastily wired up with power from the battery into the cabin Friday.
We still have a few gremlins - at lower RPM levels my RF transmissions will
randomly trigger the windshield wipers - but we survived.  Throttling back to
75-80 watts usually did the trick, then when we were rolling I could increase
back to 95 watts with no significant issues.

Another hair-puller was high noise levels that turned out to belong to the
computer-radio CAT cable - a RS-232 M/F and a USB/Serial converter.  I was
locked on a single frequency the entire time, so it really provided no benefit
and was easily jettisoned.

On Sunday we hit 18 counties, starting in Rome and ranging north to
Summerville, Lafayette, and Ringgold then South to Dalton where we got on
Highway 76 and traversed the top of the state all the way to Clayton.  From
there we turned south and came back to Roswell through Clarkesville, Cleveland,
Dahlonega, Dawsonville, Cumming, Free Home, and Milton.  My lovely chauffeur
says we logged about 300 miles in just over 9 hours.

COUNTIES: FLOYd, CHattooGA, WALKer, CATOosa, WhitFieLD, MURRay, GILMer, FANNin,
UNIOn, TOWNs, RABUn, HABErsham, WHITe, LUMPkin, DAWSon, FORSyth, CHERokee,
FULTon

Special Shout-Outs to my two favorite stalkers:
AD4RE 15 of 18 counties
AC5O 12 of 18 counties

 Hr(z) QSOs
 14     26