[3830] MiQP NA8V Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP NA8V Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:38:04 +0000
Michigan QSO Party

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STCL
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

   80:  110     95
   40:  177    286
   20:   47     49
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  334    430  CW Mults = 90  Ph Mults = 103  Total Score = 211,914

Club: Bay Area DXers

Comments:

Another excellent MiQP.  Great turnout from in-state stations!  40 was very good
during the day, 80 was decent but noisy.  20 is always a tough band to generate
a lot of interest in this event.  Ran a hybrid setup, low power on 20 and
mostly high power on 40 during the day and on 80 at night.

Good mobile support.  I had good success finding them early and late, not as
much in the middle.  Congrats to AE8M (6 qso), W8UE (10 qso). W8RU (2 qso),
NE9U (4 qso) and K8IR (8 qso).

Had hoped to get to 800q and 200 mults, came up a little short.  If 20 had been
a little more productive for me I might have gotten there but the combination of
LP and in hindsight a poor beaming strategy probably made things harder there
than they should have been.

It was good to run into so many friends on the various bands, both in and out
of state.

Thanks for all the contacts!
greg/na8v