[3830] FlQP K9PG SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paulk9pg@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K9PG SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 02 May 2016 00:40:57 +0000
Florida QSO Party

Call: K9PG
Operator(s): K9PG
Station: K9PG

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

   40:   80     14
   20:  373    110
   15:    3      1
   10:    1      1
--------------------
Total:  473    128  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 60  Total Score = 272,796

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

150w & a dipole at about 50ft.

As always.... the mobiles, what can you say?   Incredible!!!  Hats off to all!

It's always an eerily happy/sad feeling to hear K4OJ & W4AN on the air...
those ops did OJ & Bill proud!

I quit twice in the first 2 hours or so.... got very frustrated at not being
able to work anyone easily... and getting beat out in pile up after up after
pile after pile up after pile up by the likes of K0RI NS9I K8IR W9RE (I'm used
to that) N9CK K0RC and a whole host of others.  I waited 5-10 minutes at
times.... and tried upwards of 20 times before finally logging some of these
mobiles.

I noticed a few home stations CQing in the mobile window... a couple were 100hz
away from the mobile stations.

It would be nice to see another mobile or two that's more concentrated on SSB
Qs so that someone can finally get the both mode sweep.  I tried, but missed
BAK GLA HAR NAS OKE STL WAG.   There's gotta be some HF capable home stations
in each of those counties...I'll make a note to search for some people to
activate their home stations next year.

378 Qs with the mobiles
k4kg    75   (fastest QSY from CW to SSB ever!!!)
k4oj    49
k1xx    47
N5na    39
w4an    35
n4gi    33
no5w    32
ad4es   28
n4fp    22
k4fcg   12
k1rq     6

I4VEQ... what a huge signal!!!

For the first time that I can ever remember, some dope started crying about
spotting mobiles as K1XX/LAK and K4OJ/JAC and W4AN/OKE....etc... because it
"screws things up."  Is there any other way to spot mobile stations
so that we can tell whether or not we've worked them already?  I don't think
simply using N4GI/M with "FQP - JAC" in the comment line will work.
Not that I'm concerned about one guy who doesn't know how to use filters, but
is there another way to do it?  Personally, I prefer seeing spots like
N5AN/ALC...it works fine and gives me the info I need.

I'm sick and tired of IL... I just might be living in FL at this time next
year... if anyone knows of a small/medium house for sale with an existing
tower(s) in a fairly nice area, please let me know!

Great show by everyone!  I know there's a lot of work behind the scenes to make
this such a kick ass contest.... well done to everyone involved.

DIPOLIO has spoken