[3830] 7QP N7MZW SOSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7MZW SOSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 20:25:58 +0000
7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SOSSB LP
QTH: Cheyenne, WY.
Operating Time (hrs): 13 hrs

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0      43      0
   40:   0     340      0
   20:   0     259      0
   15:   0       2      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     644      0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 66,976

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Kenwood TS-950SD,Heil BM-10 Headset,and home brewed 102 ft.long G5RV up 50 feet,
running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation in Laramie County.Grid Square is DN71.
Missed over 3 hrs. of op time due to thunderstorms above QTH.10 and 15 meters
were dead for me. 53 % of Q's were on 40 meters, 40% on 20 meters, and 7% were
on 80 meters.
You better have a list handy of EVERY county abbreviation in 7-Land for the
&QP Contest, because a lot of Ops are still CLUELESS about their 3 letter
county abbreviation.Other,(non- 7-Landers) want to waste time giving you their
county as well, even if they were not participating in one of the
"other" QSO parties held this weekend.Lots of noise on all of the
bands, especially 40 and 80 meters. QSB was significant at times,and several
stations had auroral flutter occurring with their transmitted audio. Many
thanks to those who were mobile, or who set up on county lines.I had hoped for
a "personal best" this year,even though I knew I would be eating
KK7AC's dust but alas, it was not meant to be. Still,a fun contest with lots of
great Ops.,no "haters" and zero continuous QRM encountered.I QSY'd for
one Net NCS, who was quite civil,and had two Ops agreed to move a little when
their "buck shot" was killing my established "run"
frequency.Another "Boy and his Wire Adventure" from my Wyoming
Apartment QTH is in the books. Thanks for the Q's.
73,
 November 7 Many Zebras Walking
Chuck Cheyenne, Wyoming