[3830] WPX CW NE5LL(N1CC) SO(A)AB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NE5LL(N1CC) SO(A)AB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 00:01:55 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NE5LL
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: NE5LL

Class: SO(A)AB QRP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    1
   80:    3
   40:   60
   20:  273
   15:  101
   10:    7
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station:  160-80-40 FT-450D @ 5W to 160 Inverted L, 80/40 Fan Dipole.  LapTop
with WriteLog networked with main contest PC.  20-15-10 Elecraft K3/100 @ 5W to
Force 12 C3 @64'.  Exercise to evaluate FT-450D for NPOTA activations and for
second position in MS when that is fully operational.  WriteLog V12.03G on both
computers networked, only one transmitter at a time.

Wow!  What a WILD weekend!  Lot of activity, some of the usual suspects
creating spurious emissions, buzzes, clicks, and too strong signals to be low
power guys ... both the K3 and FT-450D tamed them, except for the big guns who
would steal a guys run frequency saying they didn't hear you ... sure, and
water runs uphill too.

Running was productive on Friday night, really the best conditions of the
weekend.  Runs stopped three times by an OA* station that would move to follow
my tiny pool of callers, twice more by a K0* who said he could not hear me but
was clicking 8 kHz wide.  The problem is they open up and the guy you are
working has to give up and you lose a hard sought contact cause he can't hear
you through the Big Gun.

Saturday fair with some OK S&P in addition to spots.  Sunday almost all
Spots because for several hours could not hear anyone but stateside, and some
of them pretty hard to work.  All three days folks kept asking me to repeat the
power... about 25% of the time.  I don't know if it is the keying on two
different radios, or folks just not hearing the tiny 5W signal well enough.

Could not match last years better performance due to Old Sol falling off of his
stool and giving us pretty poor radio conditions. Thanks to all who pulled me
out... about 100 fewer contacts and 100 fewer Prefixes...